492 Hwy 93/95
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Columbia Valley
This is the Lot you've been waiting for! A perfect location for your dream home or vacation property! The Dutch Creek community has an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, beach volleyball, horseshoe pits, and frisbee golf, all on approximately 6 acres of common area. It is located only minutes from Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, mineral pools and ski hill, and all of the towns amenities. Within minutes to the...
The high ceilings, large windows and cozy wood fireplace; you'll never want to leave the living room! And that's just the beginning! The granite counter tops, modern kitchen cabinets and open design into the dining room are all breathe taking! You'll fall in love with the large master bedroom, massive walk-in closet and spacious ensuite. You have two more bedrooms with a guest bathroom AND convenient second f...
This is a vacationers dream condo, central to all activities (beaches, hiking trails, ski/snowboarding, hot springs) and walking distance to down town Invermere. Located on the second floor with a north west facing balcony, this lovely 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment plus spacious den comes fully furnished for a move-in ready home. The open kitchen looks out over the connected dining room and flows into your b...
Your Mountain Retreat! The beautiful mountain community of CastleRock Estates awaits your dream home. This large sunshine drenched lot enjoys sunshine all day long with the added benefit of being a corner location. The landscape provides the perfect setting for many different home styles with plenty of room for a tiered deck to enjoy the outdoors. CastleRock includes walking trails, loads of green space and...
You'll love this charming move-in ready bungalow with mountain views off to the east and 2 mature mountain ash trees for shade and privacy. The 2 bedroom and 1 full bathroom home will welcome you with the maple hardwood floors and large windows for plenty of natural daylight through-out the main level. The kitchen features stainless appliances and contemporary cabinetry with matching paneling over the dishwas...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015